Foster Carers are our most important resource and we are always looking for families, couples or individuals who would like to assist us by becoming involved in our foster care program. Please read below and if you fir the criteria, fill our our online form, we’d love to hear from you!
• All our dogs are temperament tested, desexed, vaccinated, microchipped, flea and worm treated prior to going into foster care.
• NBAR will cover the cost of any medical treatment required to the foster animal whilst that animal is in care.
• We are available 24/7 to assist you with any questions and to offer support should you require it.
• We also have trainers and behaviourists available to assist us should the need arise.
• NBAR endeavours to match each animal with a like-minded foster carer.
Please note that a representative of NBAR must be notified immediately in the case of any accidents.
What we need form you:
• A love of animals.
• A genuine commitment to providing a safe and nurturing environment for their foster animal.
• Secure and safe fencing.
• All foster animals must be allowed to live as part of the family i.e. access to and sleeping inside the home.
• A willingness and ability to travel for vet visits or other appointments that may be necessary.
• A willingness to provide basic training for their foster animal such as housetraining, walking on lead, socialisation.
• Most of all PATIENCE. A lot of the animals we get have come from lives of neglect. They require love and patience to ensure they feel safe and part of a family unit. This is the most important aspect of the foster carer role.
If you think you have what it takes to give one of our animals the new beginning they deserve, please fill out our Foster Carer Application Form.