New Beginnings Animal Rescue is a not-for-profit organisation whose purpose is to save, rehabilitate and rehome as many unwanted animals from pounds, shelters and breeding establishments as possible.
Most of these animals find themselves in these situations through no fault of their own and deserve the chance at a new beginning.
Once an animal is rescued, and the necessary veterinary work has been completed, they are placed into a carefully selected foster home. There they are treated as a member of the family and taught basic manners, house training and socialisation skills.
Our foster carers will assess each animal for their compatibility in a variety of family situations. For example, we carefully assess the animals interaction with children and also other animals. We also take into account the exercise requirements and activity levels of the animals in order to place them in the most suitable home.
What to expect
During their care with New Beginnings Animal Rescue all animals are:
- C5 vaccinated
- Flea treated
Many of the animals also require more extensive surgery such as dental work and hernia repair. As you would imagine, veterinary work is our greatest expense. While the adoption fees we charge help to cover some of our veterinary expenses we also rely heavily on donations from our supporters.
What we provide
- A safe and secure environment for all animals that come into our care.
- Finding the most suitable home for each animal based on their individual needs.
- Promoting responsible pet ownership by offering advice to the public.
- Fostering a productive working relationship with local pounds and shelters.
- Working alongside other reputable rescue groups to ensure as many animals are saved as possible.